- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 344
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Cauliflower, rice & lentil salad
- cauliflower - 1kg cauliflower
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- paprika - 1 tbsp paprika
- rice - 300g basmati wild rice mix
- puy-lentils - 300g Puy lentils
- raisin - 300g raisin
- parsley - large handful roughly chopped parsley
- mint - large handful mint leaves, chopped
- lemon - zest and juice 2 lemons
- olive-oil - 8 tbsp olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Break the cauliflower into florets, drizzle with oil and toss with the paprika. Spread out in a roasting tin and roast for 40 mins until just tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice and lentils, then put them in a saucepan with twice their volume of water. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 25-30 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Season and pour over the rice mixture while slightly warm, then stir in the cauliflower, raisins and parsley.
Healthy vegan recipe for 12 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has cauliflower, olive oil, paprika, rice, puy lentils, raisin, parsley, mint, lemon, olive oil and white wine vinegar.