- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 as a starter Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Ceviche is a Low-carb recipe for 6 as a starter people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has fish, lime and red onion.
- Coriander - bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Tomato - 2-3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
- Lime - juice 8 limes (250ml/9fl oz), plus extra wedges to serve
- Tortilla Chip - tortilla chips, to serve
- Green Olive - handful pitted green olives, finely chopped
- Caster Sugar - good pinch caster sugar
- Fish - 500g firm white fish fillets, such as haddock, halibut or pollack, skinned and thinly sliced
- Green Chilli - 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- In a large glass bowl, combine the fish, lime juice and onion. The juice should completely cover the fish; if not, add a little more. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 1 hr 30 mins.
- Remove the fish and onion from the lime juice (discard the juice) and place in a bowl. Add the olives, chilies, tomatoes, coriander and olive oil, stir gently, then season with a good pinch of salt and sugar. This can be made a couple of hours in advance and stored in the fridge. Serve with tortilla chips to scoop up the ceviche and enjoy with a glass of cold beer.