- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Chicken arrabbiata Recipe
Chicken arrabbiata is a Healthy Italian recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Red Wine - 350ml red wine
- Red Chilli - 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- Tomato - 600g tomato, finely chopped
- Pasta - pasta or mash, to serve
- Parsley - chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- Tomato Puree - 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Thyme - 2 tsp chopped thyme
- Chicken Stock - 350ml chicken stock
- Chicken Leg - 6 skinless chicken legs
- Garlic - 1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavybased pan. Add the onions and whole garlic cloves. Fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins, adding the chillies for the final min.
- Pour in the wine, turn up the heat and allow it to bubble for 1 min to cook off the alcohol. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, tomato puree and thyme with some seasoning. Add the chicken legs, pushing them under the liquid, then part-cover the pan and leave to simmer gently for 45 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 15 mins until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced a little. Serve scattered with parsley, if you like, and pasta or mash.