- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 363
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Chicken & lemon skewers Recipe
Chicken & lemon skewers is a Healthy kebab recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has mint, natural yogurt and lemon.
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, sliced, to serve
- Natural Yogurt - 150g natural yogurt, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Mint - 1 small pack mint, leaves picked
- Lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Chicken - 4 skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 6 pieces
- Red Cabbage - pickled red cabbage, chilli sauce and hummus, to serve (all optional)
- Little Gem Lettuce - 2 Little Gem lettuces, sliced
- Ginger - 2cm piece ginger, grated
- Skewers - 4 metal or wooden skewers
- Flatbreads - 4 wholemeal flatbreads or pittas
- Chop half the mint and put in a bowl with the yogurt, half the lemon juice, all the lemon zest, spices and ginger. Mix well and season with lots of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the chicken pieces, mix well and put in the fridge for 20-30 mins. Meanwhile, soak 4 large wooden skewers in water for at least 20 mins (or use metal ones).
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, heat your grill to a medium heat and line the grill tray with foil. Thread the chicken onto the soaked wooden or metal skewers and grill for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through, until browned and cooked through.
- Warm the flatbreads under the grill for a couple of seconds, then serve them topped with the lettuce, chicken, red onion, remaining lemon juice and mint, and any optional extras such as extra yogurt or pickled cabbage, chilli sauce and hummus.