- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 326
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Chicken Marengo Recipe
Chicken Marengo is a Low-carb recipe for 4 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has olive oil, mushroom and chicken leg.
- Black Kalamata Olive - 100g pitted black kalamata olive
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pasta - pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, to serve (optional)
- Parsley - chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
- Passata - 500g jar garlic & herb passata
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 chicken stock cube
- Mushroom - 300g pack cup mushroom, halved
- Chicken Leg - 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and stir-fry the mushrooms until they start to soften. Add the chicken legs and cook briefly on each side to colour them a little.
- Pour in the passata, crumble in the stock cube and stir in the olives. Season with black pepper - you shouldn't need salt. Cover and simmer for 40 mins until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta and a salad, or mash and green veg, if you like.