- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 463
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Chicken & pearl barley risotto Recipe
Chicken & pearl barley risotto is a Healthy dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, chicken thigh and carrot.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Carrot - 2 carrots, chopped
- Mint - small handful mint, leaves only
- Parsley - small handful flat-leaf parsley
- Rocket - 1/2 x 60g bag fresh rocket leaves
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Celery Stick - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Caper - 1 tsp capers
- Chicken Thigh - 2 chicken thighs, skinless, bone in
- Pearl Barley - 140g pearl barley
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and fry for 5 mins or until well-browned on all sides. Tip in the vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the garlic and pearl barley, then pour over 500ml water. Cover and leave to simmer for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put all the dressing ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until serving.
- When the pearl barley is soft, but still with a little bite, and most of the liquid has been absorbed, it's ready to serve. Season to taste and divide the risotto between two plates, adding spoonfuls of the dressing, to serve.