- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 497
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Chorizo & rosemary pearl barley risotto Recipe
Chorizo & rosemary pearl barley risotto is a Risotto recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has chorizo, onion and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato with sliced olives
- Chicken Stock - 1l hot chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- Rosemary - 2 stalks rosemary, leaves chopped
- Chorizo - 225 chorizo ring, sliced
- Pearl Barley - 300g pearl barley
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for 3-4 mins until it turns golden and releases its oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 mins, until they begin to soften. Add the pearl barley and stir well to coat in the oil, before tipping in the chopped tomatoes and the chicken stock. Bring just to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the pearl barley is tender. You may need to top up with a little extra water as you go.
- Season and stir in the rosemary and chorizo to serve.