- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.11g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Chicken roasted with winter root vegetables Recipe
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has celeriac, swede, sweet potato, parsnip, garlic clove, olive oil, cumin seed, sage, skinless boneless chicken breast fillet and prosciutto.
- Garlic Clove - 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sweet Potato - 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2 1/2 cm/1in chunks
- Prosciutto - 4 slices prosciutto
- Cumin Seed - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Sage - a few sprigs of sage
- Parsnip - 2 medium parsnips, scrubbed and quartered lengthways
- Celeriac - 1 small celeriac, peeled and cut into 2 1/2 cm/1in chunks
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Fillet - 4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, weighing about 140g/5oz each
- Swede - 400g swede, peeled and cut into 2 1/2 cm/1in chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Put the celeriac, swede, sweet potato, parsnips and garlic in a large roasting tin. Sprinkle with the olive oil and cumin, and season with salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables together so they are lightly coated in oil. Put in the oven towards the top and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay a couple of sage leaves on each chicken breast, then wrap each with a slice of prosciutto to enclose.
- Take the roasting pan from the oven and turn the vegetables over. Now lay the chicken on top. Roast for 30- 35 minutes more, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is done. Serve with steamed broccoli or lightly cooked Savoy cabbage.