- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 568
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 2.16g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Mediterranean chicken with roasted vegetables Recipe
Healthier roast recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, courgette, red onion, yellow pepper, plum tomato, black olive, skinless boneless chicken breast fillet, olive oil and green pesto.
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Courgette - 1 large courgette, diagonally sliced
- New Potato - 250g baby new potatoes, thinly sliced
- Black Olive - 12 black olives, pitted
- Yellow Pepper - 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- Plum Tomato - 6 firm plum tomatoes, halved
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Fillet - 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, about 150g/5oz each
- Green Pesto - 1 rounded tbsp green pesto
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6/fan oven 180C. Spread the potatoes, courgette, onion, pepper and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin and scatter over the olives. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Slash the flesh of each chicken breast 3-4 times using a sharp knife, then lay the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the olive oil and pesto together until well blended and spoon evenly over the chicken. Cover the tin with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the tin. Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are juicy and look tempting to eat and the chicken is cooked through (the juices should run clear when pierced with a skewer).