- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 329
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.96g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Chicken with chorizo & leeks Recipe
Chicken with chorizo & leeks is a Posh budget recipe for 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken leg and fennel bulb.
- Coriander - small bunch of coriander, leaves only
- Garlic Clove - 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Paprika - 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Leek - 5 leeks, trimmed and thickly sliced
- Fennel Bulb - 4 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into wedges
- Chicken Leg - 10 chicken leg pieces (or 10 each thighs and drumsticks)
- Chorizo - 200g chorizo, cut into chunks
- Plum Tomato - 750g large or plum tomatoes, quartered
- Dry Sherry - 150ml dry sherry
- On the hob, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the chicken pieces, then fry, in batches, until golden brown on both sides. Lift out and set aside.
- Pour all but 3 tbsp fat from the pan, add fennel and chorizo, then cook, stirring, until the fennel is soft and lightly coloured. Add leeks, cook until soft. Add garlic and paprika, cook for 1 min more, then pour in the sherry. Let it bubble for 1 min, stirring well, taste, then season.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour the mix into 2 ovenproof dishes. Scatter tomatoes over, then arrange the chicken on top. Cover with foil, then cook for 20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. During cooking, check and add a little water if it seems to be getting dry.
- Turn the oven up to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Uncover the chicken and season the skin with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 mins until the chicken is heated through and the skin is crisp. Rip the coriander leaves over the top and serve straight away.