- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 523
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Chilli chicken & peanut pies Recipe
Chilli chicken & peanut pies is a Healthy family recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potatoes, cannellini bean and coriander.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp chilli powder
- Coriander - 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded for less spice
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Broccoli - 320g broccoli, to serve
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Ginger - 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Cannellini Bean - 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained
- Vegetable Bouillon - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- Green Pepper - 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- Skinless Chicken Breast - 2 large skinless chicken breasts, about 400g, diced
- Ground Coriander - 2 tbsp ground coriander
- Peanut Butter - 3 tbsp peanut butter (with no sugar or palm oil)
- Potatoes - 500g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Leeks - 400g leeks, thickly sliced
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cook the potatoes in a steamer for 15 mins until tender. Meanwhile, start the chicken filling. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the ginger and chilli, and stir over a medium heat until starting to soften. Stir in the dried spices, leeks and peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until it begins to colour, then tip in the tomatoes, squeeze in some tomato puree and add the bouillon and 150ml water. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Mix the peanut butter with 100ml water, then stir into the stew and cook for 5 mins more. Spoon the mixture equally into two 24 x 18cm shallow pie dishes.
- For the mash, tip the beans into a bowl, add the coriander and chilli powder and mash well. Add the steamed potatoes and roughly mash into the beans so it still has a little texture. Pile on top of the filling in the pie dishes and carefully spread over the filling to enclose it. Bake one of the pies for 35 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook half of the broccoli and serve with the pie. Chill the other pie with the remaining broccoli for another day.Will keep chilled for up to three days. Reheat the remaining pie as above, adding an extra 15 mins to the cooking time.