- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 502
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Fat Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 9g
Moroccan-spiced turkey pie Recipe
Moroccan-spiced turkey pie is a Pie recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has coriander seed, cumin seed and ground cinnamon.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped Tomato - 227g can chopped tomatoes
- Pepper - 2 peppers (any colours will do), deseeded and diced
- Butter - 100g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- Aubergine - 2 aubergines, cut into small dice
- Cumin Seed - 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Turkey - 500g leftover turkey (a mix of leg and breast is best), chopped
- Ground Cinnamon - pinch of ground cinnamon
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 chicken stock cube
- Harissa - 2 tbsp harissa
- Coriander Seed - 2 tsp coriander seeds
- Flaked Almond - 25g flaked almonds
- Filo Pastry - 250g pack (about 10 large sheets) filo pastry
- Banana Shallot - 2 banana shallots, halved and sliced
- Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and toast the coriander and cumin seeds for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Add the cinnamon, olive oil, aubergine and shallots. Coat the veg in the spices and cook on a medium-low heat for about 10 mins until the aubergine has softened slightly.
- Add the harissa and peppers. Give everything a good stir, then add the tomatoes and crumble over the stock cube. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins until the veg is tender and the mixture is nice and thick.
- Stir through the turkey meat and season well. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and grease a 23cm springform tin with a little butter. Lay two sheets of filo over the base of the tin and brush with the melted butter. Cross over another two layers of filo and brush again with butter. Repeat once more, then put the cooled filling in the centre. Using the remaining four pastry sheets, cover the filling and brush with more melted butter. Scrunch the top of the pie together and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the pie with the flaked almonds. Cook for a final 10 mins until the pie is golden and piping hot. Serve straight away.