- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 222
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.47g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Cinnamon pancakes with compote & maple syrup Recipe
Batch cooking recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, cinnamon, muscovado sugar, egg, milk, vanilla extract, butter and apple.
- Egg - 1 large egg
- Milk - 300ml milk
- Butter - 2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for frying
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Apple - 1/2 quantity apple, pear & cherry compote, to serve (see 'Goes well with')
- Self Raising Flour - 140g self-raising flour
- Muscovado Sugar - 3 tbsp muscovado sugar or brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First make the Apple, pear & cherry compote (see 'Goes well with'). You'll need half the compote for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. In a jug, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and melted butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture gradually, whisking as you go to make a smooth batter. Ideally, let the mixture stand for 1 hr (or even overnight, covered in the fridge), although you can cook with it straight away.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Melt a knob of butter, then drop in tbsps of the mixture to make pancakes about 10cm across. Cook for 2-3 mins until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for 1 min more. Keep each batch warm while you use up the rest of the batter. Stack up the pancakes and serve with hot or cold compote, maple syrup and yogurt.