- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Corn, cheese & chilli empanadas Recipe
Corn, cheese & chilli empanadas is a Tapas recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sweetcorn, coriander and spring onion.
- Coriander - small handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- Spring Onion - 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Cheddar - 25g extra mature cheddar, grated
- Sweetcorn - 1/2 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained well
- Sesame Seed - 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Green Chilli - 1/2 green chilli, chopped
- Pastry - 230g sheet ready-rolled all-butter shortcrust pastry
- Make the filling by mixing the corn, coriander, spring onion, cheese and chilli with some seasoning.
- Unroll the pastry sheet, roll a little thinner with a rolling pin, then use a 10cm circle cutter to cut out circles of pastry. (You should get 6 circles, then re-roll the trimmings for 2 more.) Brush edges of the circles with a little of the beaten egg, then spoon a couple of teaspoonfuls of filling mixture onto each. Fold over one half of the pastry, and seal by pinching the edge with your fingers, until you have 8 small pastyshaped empanadas. Arrange on a baking parchment lined baking sheet, brush with the rest of the egg and scatter with sesame seeds. Cover and chill for at least 30 mins before baking.
- To serve, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6 and bake for 20 mins until golden and crisp.