- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 1.43g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Creamy prawn & spring vegetable pot Recipe
Creamy prawn & spring vegetable pot is a Healthy prawn recipe for 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has vegetable stock, pearl barley and new potato.
- Vegetable Stock - 850ml low-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- Dill - small bunch dill, snipped
- Lemon - zest 1 lemon, plus squeeze of juice
- Frozen Pea - 100g frozen pea
- Creme Fraiche - 200g tub creme fraiche
- New Potato - 750g new potato, sliced
- Broccoli - 250g broccoli florets
- Prawn - 600g cooked, peeled prawn
- Soya Bean - 140g frozen broad or soya beans
- Pearl Barley - 100g pearl barley
- Spring Green Cabbage - 1/2 spring green cabbage, shredded
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a large frying pan or shallow casserole covered with a lid. Add the pearl barley, cover and cook for 10 mins. Then add the potatoes and cook covered for 12-15 mins until tender.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and bubble the stock for a few mins to reduce. Stir in the greens, creme fraiche, dill, zest and juice. If you're freezing, cool at this stage. If eating straight away, simmer for 3-4 mins until veg is just tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the prawns to heat through and season to taste.If freezing, cool completely then scatter the prawns on top and freeze. Defrost fully in the fridge overnight then gently bring back to a simmer, uncovered, until veg is tender and prawns hot through.