- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 55g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Crispy paprika chicken with tomatoes & lentils Recipe
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken breasts, smoked paprika, lemon, rapeseed oil, garlic clove, fennel seeds, fennel bulb, cherry tomatoes, sherry vinegar, puy lentils, watercress, natural yogurt and dill.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Natural Yogurt - 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- Dill - handful of dill, leaves picked
- Lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Cherry Tomatoes - 400g can cherry tomatoes
- Puy Lentils - 200g pouch Puy lentils
- Watercress - 100g watercress
- Sherry Vinegar - 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- Fennel Bulb - 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- Chicken Breasts - 2 chicken breasts
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Put the chicken breasts between two sheets of baking parchment and, using arolling pin, roll to a 1cm thickness. Rub with the paprika, lemon zest, 1/2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside while you start the lentils.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the garlic, fennel seeds and fennel slices with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 mins until starting to soften, then tip in the tomatoes, vinegar and lentils. Turn down the heat and leave to bubble away.
- Heat anothernon-stick frying panover a high heat, add the chicken breasts and cook for 7 mins, turning halfway, until golden brown and cooked through. Add the watercress to the lentils and stir to wilt, then squeeze in the lemon juice. Slice the chicken then serve it alongside the lentils with a dollop of yogurt and dill.