- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Spicy harissa chicken with lentils Recipe
Spicy harissa chicken with lentils is a One-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion and garlic clove.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- Carrot - 1 medium carrot, grated
- Puy Lentils - 200g dried Puy lentils
- Harissa - 50g harissa
- Chicken Thigh - 500g chicken thigh, skin removed, boned and diced
- Stock - 1.2l stock, made from 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion on a low heat for 5-6 mins until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the harissa, add the chicken and cook until well browned all over. Stir in the carrot, lentils and tomatoes, then add the stock so the chicken is fully immersed.
- Reduce the heat and cook, uncovered, for 30-35 mins until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and the lentils are tender and have absorbed the liquid. Season well, scatter with parsley (if using) and serve.