- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 189
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Crunchy baked tomato & onion gratin
- onion - 3 onions, thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- tomato - 1.2kg mixed tomato, from really big to cherry
- thyme - 8 thyme or oregano sprigs, or a mixture, stripped, plus a few more
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- breadcrumb - 50-85g fresh white breadcrumbs - if you've got a crust, use this so the crumbs are nice and golden
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat half the oil in a pan and gently soften the onions and garlic for 15-20 mins until really soft and sticky but not browned. Put the onions, tomatoes (halve the large ones), herbs, sugar and breadcrumbs in a baking dish, season well and toss together.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil, scatter with a few more herb sprigs and bake for 1 hr until going golden on top and the tomatoes are juicy.
Healthy vegan recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has onion, garlic clove, olive oil, tomato, thyme, golden caster sugar and breadcrumb.