- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 478
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Fat Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.36g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Falafel tabbouleh with lemon yogurt Recipe
Falafel tabbouleh with lemon yogurt is a Gut-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has falafel, couscous and lemon.
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Spring Onion - bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Natural Yogurt - 150ml tub natural yogurt
- Couscous - 200g couscous
- Mint - small bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- Parsley - large bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Lemon - 2 large lemons, 1 zested, juice of both
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- Falafel - 16 ready-made falafel
- Cook the falafels according to pack instructions and boil the kettle. Tip the couscous into a large bowl, pour over 325ml boiling water, cover, then leave to stand for 5 mins until all of the water is absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir through the lemon zest, juice from 1 1/2 lemons, olive oil, spring onions, cucumber, mint and three-quarters of the parsley with plenty of seasoning. Tip onto a large platter.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice and parsley into the yogurt, then spoon into a small bowl. Scatter the hot falafel over the couscous salad, then serve the yogurt sauce alongside.