- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Fennel, roast lemon & tomato salad Recipe
Fennel, roast lemon & tomato salad is a Healthy summer recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lemon, extra virgin olive oil and sugar.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sugar - pinch of sugar
- Lemon - 2 lemons
- Tomatoes - 500g mixed tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes and some larger ones)
- Mint Leaves - 1/2 small pack mint leaves
- Parsley Leaves - 1/2 small pack parsley leaves
- Fennel Bulbs - 3 fennel bulbs
- Pomegranate Seeds - 100g pomegranate seeds
- Tarragon Leaves - 1/2 small pack tarragon leaves
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line abaking traywith baking parchment. Slice 1 lemon into thin rounds and spread out on the baking tray, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle over the sugar. Roast for 20-25 mins until shrivelled and caramelised in places. Keep an eye on them - you may have to take some out the oven before the others are done.These can be made in the morning and kept at room temperature.
- While the lemons are cooking, roughly chop the tomatoes and thinly slice the fennel, saving the fronds. Put in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, juice from the other lemon and pomegranate seeds. Season to taste, then give everything a good mix.
- When you're ready to serve, roughly chop all the herbs and mix them into the salad along with the roasted lemons and fennel fronds.