- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 321
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Fennel spaghetti Recipe
Fennel spaghetti is a Healthy pasta recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, fennel seeds and garlic clove.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - 1/2 pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Garlic Clove - 2 small garlic cloves, 1 crushed, 1 thinly sliced
- Parmesan - shaved parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve (optional)
- Spaghetti - 150g spaghetti
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for serving
- Lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Fennel Bulb - 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced, fronds reserved
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Heat the oil in afrying panover a medium heat and cook the fennel seeds until they pop. Sizzle the garlic for 1 min, then add the lemon zest and half the fennel slices. Cook for 10-12 mins or until the fennel has softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 1 min less than pack instructions. Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the frying pan along with a good splash of pasta water. Increase the heat to high and toss well. Stir through the remaining fennel slices, the parsley and lemon juice, season generously, then tip straight into two bowls to serve. Top with the fennel fronds, extra olive oil and parmesan shavings, if you like.