- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 23.5g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13.4g
- Sodium Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Fresh spinach & anchovy tart Recipe
Fresh spinach & anchovy tart is a Quiche recipe for 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has pastry, new potato and baby spinach.
- Parmesan - 50g freshly grated parmesan, plus 2 tbsp
- Anchovy - 10 anchovy fillets in olive oil, rinsed and drained
- Egg - 2 large eggs
- Baby Spinach - 225g bag baby spinach
- New Potato - 140g small new potatoes
- Single Cream - 284ml carton single cream
- Pastry - 1 shallow 24cm blind-baked pastry case
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/ conventional180C/gas 4. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 6 minutes, drain and cool under the cold tap and thinly slice. Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave for 21/2 minutes (or wilt in a pan with 2 tbsp water). When cool enough to handle, squeeze out the excess moisture and finely chop.
- Beat the cream, eggs and 50g/2oz cheese together in a large bowl. Chop half the anchovies and add to the bowl with the potatoes, spinach and plenty of black pepper. Pour into the pastry case (don't worry if it looks quite rough as this will add to the appearance later) and top with the whole anchovies and the remaining 2 tbsp of parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the mixture is set and the filling is just starting to turn golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm or cold with a tomato and basil salad, or on its own as a starter.