- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 315
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Giant butter bean stew Recipe
Giant butter bean stew is a Vegetarian casserole recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter bean, extra virgin olive oil and red onion.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - small pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 100ml Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Red Onion - 3 small red onions, finely sliced
- Tomato - 1kg ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- Carrot - 2 large carrots, finely sliced
- Sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- Dill - small pack dill, finely chopped
- Paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Sundried Tomato - 4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- Feta - 100g feta (optional), crumbled
- Butter Bean - 4 x 235g cans butter beans or 500g dried butter beans (cook according to pack instructions)
- Celery - 3 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Drain the canned beans, reserving 200ml of the liquid. Heat the oil in a large flameproof lidded casserole dish, and cook the onions, carrots and celery until tender and the onions are soft and transparent, but not coloured. Stir in the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the chopped herbs and feta (if using).
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cook over a gentle heat for a further 5 mins, then pour over the reserved liquid. Cover the dish and bake in the oven for 40 mins. Check occasionally that the beans are not drying out - add a little more water if needed.
- Remove the lid and bake for 10 mins more. Can be made 2 days ahead and reheated. Stir through the reserved chopped herbs, season to taste, then crumble over the remaining feta just before serving.