- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 136
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Ginger fairings Recipe
Ginger fairings is a Easy biscuit recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, plain flour and baking powder.
- Butter - 100g butter, diced, plus extra for the baking sheet
- Caster Sugar - 100g caster sugar
- Plain Flour - 225g plain flour
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- Mixed Spice - 2 tsp mixed spice
- Ground Ginger - 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Golden Syrup - 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets. Put the flour, 1/4 tsp salt, baking powder, bicarb and spices in a food processor. Add the diced butter and whizz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Gently warm the golden syrup in a pan, add to the mixture and stir to form a dough. Roll the dough into 16 walnut-sized balls, then arrange, at least 2cm apart, on the baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden. Cool on the trays before transferring to a wire rack.