- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 3 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 720
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 54g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Green spaghetti & meatballs Recipe
Green spaghetti & meatballs is a Meatballs recipe for 3 - 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lean pork mince, apple and fennel seeds.
- Parmesan - 25g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Basil - small bunch basil
- Oil - 1 tbsp oil
- Avocado - 1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled, plus extra to serve
- Baby Spinach - 200g baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- Apple - 1 apple, grated
- Frozen Peas - 100g frozen peas
- Wholemeal Spaghetti - 250g-300g wholemeal spaghetti (for children, use white spaghetti as wholemeal can be too filling)
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Lean Pork Mince - 500g lean pork mince
- Mix the mince, apple and fennel seeds in a bowl. Divide and roll into 24 cherry tomato-sized balls. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through. Heat a large pan of water and cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Set aside a handful of spinach, 4 tbsp peas and half the avocado for later. Pour hot water over the rest of the peas to defrost them, then drain well. Whizz the defrosted peas, spinach, avocado, basil and parmesan in a blender with 100ml pasta water, adding more if needed, to make sauce. Season well.
- Add the reserved frozen peas to the pasta for the last min of cooking. Drain, saving some of the water, and tip the pasta into the meatball pan. Add the sauce and cook for a minute or 2 until hot, adding more seasoning or pasta water if you need to. Serve a salad of spinach and avocado on the side and top the pasta with extra parmesan for adults, if you like.