- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Haddock in tomato basil sauce Recipe
Haddock in tomato basil sauce is a Low-carb recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and aubergine.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Basil Leaf - 8 large basil leaves, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- Aubergine - 1 small aubergine, about 250g/9oz, roughly chopped
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Fish - 4 4x175g/6oz firm skinless white fish fillets, such as haddock
- Muscovado Sugar - 1 tsp dark or light muscovado sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and stirfry the onion and aubergine. After about 4 minutes the vegetables will start to turn golden but won't be soft yet, so cover with a lid and let the vegetables steam-fry in their own juices for 6 minutes - this helps them to soften without needing to add any extra oil.
- Stir in the paprika, garlic, tomatoes and sugar with 1/2 tsp salt and cook for another 8-10 minutes, stirring, until onion and aubergine are tender.
- Scatter in the basil leaves then nestle the fish in the sauce, cover the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until the fish flakes when tested with a knife and the flesh is firm but still moist. Tear over the rest of the basil and serve with a salad and crusty bread.