- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.24g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Spicy root & lentil casserole Recipe
Spicy root & lentil casserole is a All-time top 20 recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has vegetable, onion and garlic clove.
- Yogurt - low-fat yogurt and naan bread, to serve
- Coriander - a small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic clove, crushed
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 1 litre/1 3/4 pints vegetable stock
- Carrot - 4 carrot, thickly sliced
- Vegetable - 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Lentil - 100g red lentils
- Potato - 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Curry Paste - 2 tbsp curry paste or powder
- Parsnip - 2 parsnip, thickly sliced
- Heat the oil in alarge panand cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Tip in the potatoes, carrots and parsnips, turn up the heat and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are golden.
- Stir in the curry paste or powder, pour in the stock and then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the lentils, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in most of the coriander, season and heat for a minute or so.Top with yogurt and the rest of the coriander. Serve with naan bread.