- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 258
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.48g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Hearty lamb & barley soup Recipe
Hearty lamb & barley soup is a Gut-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, lamb and onion.
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- Onion - 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- Green Bean - 100g green bean (frozen are fine), finely chopped
- Vegetable - 600g mixed root vegetable (we used potato, parsnip and swede, cubed)
- Thyme - 1 thyme sprig
- Lamb - 200g lamb neck fillet, trimmed of fat and cut into small pieces
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pearl Barley - 50g pearl barley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Season the lamb, then fry for a few mins until browned. Add the onion and barley, then gently fry for 1 min. Add the veg, cook for 2 more mins, then add the Worcestershire sauce, stock and thyme. Cover, then simmer for 20 mins.
- When everything is cooked, spoon about a quarter of the soup into a separate pan. Puree with a stick blender (or put into a normal blender and whizz), then stir it back into the rest of the soup. Add the green beans, simmer for 3 mins, then ladle the soup into bowls and serve with granary bread.