- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.89g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Creamy mushroom soup Recipe
Creamy mushroom soup is a Soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has porcini, butter and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 850ml vegetable stock
- White Bread - 4 slices white bread, about 100g, cubed
- Butter - 50g butter
- Chive - chives and truffle oil, to serve
- Thyme - thyme sprigs
- Creme Fraiche - 200ml tub creme fraiche
- Mushroom - 400g mixed wild mushrooms
- Porcini - 25g dried porcini (ceps)
- Bring a kettle to the boil, then pour the water over the dried porcini just to cover. Heat half the butter in a saucepan, then gently sizzle the onion, garlic and thyme for 5 mins until softened and starting to brown. Drain the porcini, reserving the juice, then add to the onion with the mixed wild mushrooms. Leave to cook for 5 mins until they go limp.
- Pour over the stock and the reserved juices, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Stir in creme fraiche, then simmer for a few mins more. Blitz the soup with a hand blender or liquidiser, pass through a fine sieve, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan, fry the bread cubes until golden, then drain on kitchen paper. To serve, heat the soup and froth up with a hand blender, if you like. Ladle the soup into bowls, scatter over the croutons and chives and drizzle with truffle oil.