- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 483
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 17g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Herby lamb fillet with caponata Recipe
Herby lamb fillet with caponata is a Healthy Mediterranean recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has garlic clove, rapeseed oil and red onion.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Parsley - finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Olive - 6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved and rinsed
- Aubergine - 1 aubergine, sliced and quartered
- Passata - 500g carton passata
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Baby Spinach - 240g bag baby spinach
- New Potato - 4 baby new potatoes, halved
- Rosemary - 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Lamb - 250g lean lamb loin fillet, all visible fat removed
- Caper - 2 tsp capers, rinsed
- Green Pepper - 1 green pepper, quartered, deseeded and sliced
- Slice 2 of the garlic cloves for the caponata, finely grate the other for the lamb and set aside. Heat the oil for the caponata in a wide pan, add the onion and fry for 5 mins to soften. Tip in the aubergine and cook, stirring, for 5 mins more. Add the passata and pepper with the olives, capers, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, then cover and cook for 15 mins, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5. Boil the potatoes for 10 mins, then drain. Mix the grated garlic with the rosemary and some black pepper, then rub all over the lamb. Toss the potatoes in the oil with some more black pepper, place in a small roasting tin with the lamb and roast for 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in the microwave or in a pan, and squeeze to drain any excess liquid.
- Stir the garlic into the caponata and serve with the lamb, either whole or sliced, rolled in parsley if you like, with the potatoes and spinach.