- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 466
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Jerk beefburger with pineapple relish & chips Recipe
Jerk beefburger with pineapple relish & chips is a Caribbean recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has potato, vegetable oil and red onion.
- Coriander - small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, 1/2 grated and 1/2 finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 carrot, grated
- Lime - juice 1 lime
- Potato - 4 very large potatoes
- Pineapple - 200g/7oz fresh pineapple (we used pre-cut packet), finely chopped
- Bun - lettuce and burger buns, to serve
- Jerk Seasoning - 2 tsp jerk seasoning (we used Bart)
- Mince - 400g/ 14oz beef mince
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Scrub the potatoes and cut into chips. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, season and toss to coat. Bake for 40 mins until crisp.
- Mix together the grated onion, carrot, mince and jerk seasoning in a large bowl, then shape into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan till hot, then cook the burgers for 5-6 mins each side.
- To make the relish, mix the chopped onion, pineapple, chilli, coriander and lime juice. To serve, place the burgers in split buns with some lettuce and the spicy relish. Serve with the crispy chips.