- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 485
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Jerk chicken salad with papaya Recipe
Healthy salad recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has chicory, skinless boneless chicken thigh, rapeseed oil, lime, spice, fresh oregano, redcurrant jelly, red wine vinegar, papaya, avocado and new potato.
- Spice - 1 tsp jerk spice mix
- Lime - 1 lime, juice of 1/2 , the rest cut into 2 wedges
- Avocado - 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped
- New Potato - new potatoes, to serve (optional)
- Rapeseed Oil - 3 tsp rapeseed oil
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Chicory - 3-4 (depending on size) red chicory
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh - 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed
- Redcurrant Jelly - 2 tsp redcurrant jelly
- Fresh Oregano - 2 tsp fresh oregano
- Papaya - 1 papaya, halved, deseeded, peeled and chopped
- Chicory is made up of leaves attached to quite a solid base, so feel where the leaves start and slice them off. Thickly slice the base and set aside.
- Open out the chicken thighs and put them in a bowl with 1 tsp of the oil, the lime juice, jerk seasoning and oregano. Stir well, then griddle the chicken for 10 mins, turning once. Take off the griddle, cover with a plate and leave to rest while you quickly griddle the chicory slices.
- Meanwhile, put the redcurrant jelly, vinegar and remaining oil in a big bowl and mix well. Add the papaya and avocado, then the chicory leaves, but don't mix yet. Chop the chicken, add to the salad with the griddled chicory, then toss well. Pile on plates, squeeze over the remaining lime and serve while still warm, with new potatoes, if you like.