- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 539
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 2.8g
- Sugar Content: 8g
John's jambalaya Recipe
John's jambalaya is a One-pot recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, skinless boneless chicken thigh and chorizo.
- Red Pepper - 2 red peppers, sliced
- Cherry Tomato - 400g can cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, finely sliced
- Smoked Paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, sliced on a diagonal
- Parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley, chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cayenne Pepper - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Mustard Powder - 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Celery Stick - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Chicken Stock - 300ml chicken stock
- Mussel - 12 mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- Chorizo - 200g cooking chorizo, sliced
- Thyme Leaf - 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Rice - 300g long-grain rice
- Clam - 24 clams
- Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh - 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs fillets, chopped
- Tiger Prawn - 12 large raw tiger prawns (whole in their shells)
- Garlic Salt - 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- White Pepper - pinch of white pepper
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Heat the oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish on a medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs, add to the dish and cook for 4 mins until they start to brown, stirring occasionally so they don't stick. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 4 mins until it releases its oils and has started to crisp. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the chorizo oils, lower the heat and soften for 8 mins. Stir through the garlic, peppers, celery, thyme and oregano , and cook for 2 mins more.
- Return the meat to the dish, add the garlic salt, paprika, cayenne, mustard powder and white pepper, and cook for 2 mins until fragrant. Stir in the rice, then the tomatoes. Add the stock and give it all a really good stir. Bring to the boil , then cover with a well-fitting lid and put in the oven for 20 mins.
- Take from the oven and fluff up the rice with a big fork. Fold through the prawns, then put the mussels and clams on top. Put the lid on ,return to the oven for 10 mins, then take the dish out and give everything a good stir. Sprinkle with the parsley and spring onions to serve.