- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 555
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Jumbo turkey samosas Recipe
Jumbo turkey samosas is a Leftover Christmas turkey recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has curry paste, mango chutney and natural yogurt.
- Coriander - bunch coriander, chopped, plus a few leaves picked to serve
- Vegetable Oil - 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Natural Yogurt - 2 tbsp natural yogurt from a 150g pot (serve the remainder)
- Mango Chutney - 2 tbsp mango chutney, plus extra to serve
- Frozen Pea - 250g frozen peas
- Potato - 200g leftover cooked potatoes (roasted or boiled are fine), chopped into small chunks
- Turkey - 250g cooked turkey or chicken, chopped into small pieces
- Curry Paste - 3 tbsp curry paste (we used korma)
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Filo Pastry - 270g pack filo pastry (6 sheets)
- In a large bowl, combine the curry paste, mango chutney and 2 tbsp yogurt, and mix well. Fold in the potatoes, turkey, peas and coriander, then season well.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the sheets of filo in half lengthways so you have 12 strips - keep the pastry covered with a tea towel while you work so it doesn't dry out. Layer up 3 sheets of filo, brushing a little oil between each sheet. Pile a quarter of the filling in the top corner of the pastry in a triangle shape. Fold the pastry over to encase the filling, then keep folding until the parcel is sealed and the filo is used up. Brush the final edge with a little beaten egg to help stick the pastry together. Repeat to make all 4 jumbo samosas.
- Lay your samosas on a baking sheet and brush each one with more beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 35 mins or until the samosas are golden brown and the filling is piping hot. Serve with the remaining yogurt, some mango chutney and coriander leaves.