- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Thai turkey filo dippers Recipe
Thai turkey filo dippers is a New Year's Eve recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has filo pastry, sunflower oil and sesame seed.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spring Onion - 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Sunflower Oil - 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- Ginger - 25g piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Turkey - 250g turkey or chicken mince
- Thai Red Curry Paste - 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Thai Fish Sauce - 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (Nam pla)
- Sesame Seed - 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Filo Pastry - 3 sheets filo pastry, each about 24 x 48cm
- Lime Leaf - 2 lime leaves, very finely sliced
- Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce - Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce, to serve
- To make the filling, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Cut each sheet of filo pastry into 4 evenly sized rectangles. Make a pile of 12 rectangles and cover with a damp tea towel to stop them drying out.
- Brush 1 of the rectangles lightly with oil. With one of the shortest sides facing you, spoon 1 level tbsp of the filling across the pastry 2cm up from the bottom of the rectangle and around 1cm in from both sides. Form into a sausage shape. Fold in the bottom over the filling, then fold in the 2 long sides all the way up the rectangle. Roll up from the short side close to you, fully enclosing the filling.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Repeat as above to make a further 11 filo rolls. Brush with more oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Can be covered with cling film at this stage and kept in the fridge for up to 8 hrs before baking.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake the dippers for 10-15 mins or until the pastry is light golden brown and the filling is cooked thoroughly. Serve with Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce.