- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 575
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.82g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Lamb, coconut & mango pilau Recipe
Lamb, coconut & mango pilau is a Easy family curry recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, lamb and onion.
- Coriander - handful coriander, chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Red Chilli - 1 fat red chilli, thickly sliced
- Onion - 2 onions, halved and sliced
- Curry Powder - 3 tbsp curry powder (we used Bombay curry spices)
- Lamb - 600g lamb neck fillet or shoulder, cut into large cubes
- Basmati Rice - 400g basmati rice
- Coconut Milk - 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- Mango - 1 medium mango, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Flaked Almond - handful toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large, shallow ovenproof pan, tip in the lamb, then fry on a high heat for 5 mins until browned all over. Take out of the pan and set aside. Fry the onions in what's left of the oil for 5 mins, until starting to soften and turn golden at the edges. Tip in the garlic and curry powder and fry for 1 min more until toasty and aromatic.
- Stir the lamb back in to the pan along with the chilli, coconut milk and stock, then bring to the boil. Cover the pan and place in the oven for 1 hr, until the lamb is completely tender. Alternatively, you can simmer the pan on a low heat for 1 hr on the hob.
- Season to taste, stir in the rice, re-cover pan, then return to the oven or hob for 30 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed. Take off the heat, leave to stand, covered, for 10 mins, then fluff the rice with a fork. Sprinkle with the mango, coriander and almonds, if using, then serve straight from the pan.