- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 401
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.36g
- Sugar Content: 58g
Luscious lemon pudding with summer berries Recipe
Luscious lemon pudding with summer berries is a Kids' baking recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has butter, caster sugar and lemon.
- Egg - 3 large eggs
- Milk - 300ml milk
- Lemon - 2 large lemons
- Butter - 50g soft butter, plus extra for greasing
- Caster Sugar - 200g caster sugar
- Plain Flour - 50g plain flour
- Strawberry - 200g strawberries
- Blueberry - 150g blueberries
- Icing Sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Blackcurrant - 2 tbsp blackcurrant cordial or 2 tbsp sugar
- Butter an ovenproof dish and heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Carefully weigh out the butter and sugar into a bowl.
- Finely grate the zest from the lemons. For best results, grate, then turn the lemon a little and grate again, so you just take off the yellow skin rather than the pith below. Halve and squeeze the juice from the lemons - you need 100ml, so make up with a splash of water or more juice.
- Separate the eggs (put the whites in a large, clean bowl), being careful not to get any yolk in with them. Whizz the butter, sugar and zest in a food processor until creamy. Add the juice, whizz again; then, with the motor still running, tip in the yolks, flour and milk to form a smooth batter.
- Whisk the egg whites, preferably with an electric hand whisk, until firm but not stiff. Pour in the lemon batter, then gently fold the 2 mixtures together with a large metal spoon, being light-handed so that you don't knock out all the air from the whites. Don't worry if it looks a bit lumpy.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered dish, then put it in a roasting tin. Pour in a kettle of hot water into the tin so it is half-filled (this is called a bain marie). Ask an adult to help you with this bit. Bake for 35 mins until the top is set and there is a saucy lemon curd below. Use oven gloves to remove it from the oven.
- While the pudding is baking, pull or cut the hulls (the green tops) from the strawberries. Halve or slice them if large. Put in a bowl with the blueberries, then spoon over the cordial or sugar and mix together. Remove the pudding from the tin, dust with icing sugar through a sieve and serve warm or cold, with the berries.