- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 498
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 2.37g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Maple-glazed hot dogs with mustardy onions Recipe
Maple-glazed hot dogs with mustardy onions is a American recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pork sausage, sunflower oil and onion.
- Onion - 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Cider Vinegar - 2 tsp wine or cider vinegar
- Baguette - 4 part-baked mini baguettes (or cut a French stick into 4 pieces)
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Maple Syrup - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Muscovado Sugar - large pinch brown or muscovado sugar
- Mustard Seed - 1 tsp yellow or black mustard seeds
- Pork Sausage - 8 good-quality pork sausages
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the sausages in a non-stick baking tray and roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and mustard seeds together for 10-15 mins until softened and golden.
- Remove the sausages and brush with maple syrup. Pop the baguettes onto the same baking tray. Increase the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and return the tray for 5-8 mins until the sausages are dark, shiny and cooked through. Stir the mustard, sugar and vinegar into the onions until the sugar has melted. Cut the baguettes open across the top and put 2 sausages into each. Spoon over the mustardy onions and serve.