- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 418
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 66g
Medal cookies Recipe
Medal cookies is a Kids cookies recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Butter - 140g butter
- Brown Sugar - 100g light soft brown sugar
- Plain Flour - 350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Large Egg - 1 large egg
- Icing Sugar - icing sugar
- Golden Syrup - 3 tbsp golden syrup
- Food Colouring - food colouring paste, edible glitter and icing pens (optional)
- Ready To Roll Icing - 1kg pack ready-to-roll icing
- Ribbon - 15 long colourful ribbons
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan. Mix in the vanilla, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Pour in the melted butter mixture and the egg, and stir together to form a stiff-ish dough. Pop the dough in the fridge for 10 mins to chill and firm up.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to 5mm thick, then stamp out 15 circles using a 7.5cm round cookie cutter; you may need to re-roll the trimmings to get 15 cookies. Make a hole at the top of each circle with the end of a pencil.
- Place on the baking trays and bake for 12 mins until golden, swapping the trays around halfway through. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate the cookies (see below), making sure the hole is at the top of each one.Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container.