- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 203
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.37g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Mexican chicken stew Recipe
Mexican chicken stew is a Dairy-free dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Coriander - a few coriander leaves
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Chicken Breast - 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Onion - 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla - corn tortillas, or rice to serve
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
- Chipotle Paste - 1 tsp chipotle paste (we used Discovery)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins or until softened and starting to turn golden, adding the garlic for the final min. Stir in the sugar, chipotle paste and tomatoes. Put the chicken into the pan, spoon over the sauce, and simmer gently for 20 mins until the chicken has cooked (add a splash of water if the sauce gets too dry).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred with 2 forks, then stir back into the sauce. Scatter with a little red onion, the coriander, and serve with remaining red onion, tortillas or rice.
- If you want to use a slow cooker, cook the onion and garlic as above, then put into your slow cooker with the sugar, chipotle, tomatoes and chicken. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove the chicken and shred then serve as above.