- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 395
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Mint & basil griddled peach salad
- lime - 1 lime, zested and juiced
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- mint - 2 tbsp finely chopped mint, plus a few whole leaves to serve
- basil - 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- peaches - 2 peaches (300g), quartered
- quinoa - 75g quinoa
- fine-beans - 160g fine beans, trimmed and halved
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- little-gem-lettuce - 1 large Little Gem lettuce (165g), roughly chopped
- rocket - 1/2 x 60g pack rocket
- avocado - 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
- Mix the lime zest and juice, oil, mint and basil, then put half in a bowl with the peaches. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa following pack instructions.
- Cook the beans for 3-4 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, griddle the peaches for 1 min on each side. If you don't have a griddle pan, use a large non-stick frying pan with a drop of oil.
- Drain the quinoa and divide between shallow bowls. Toss the warm beans and onion in the remaining mint mixture and pile on top of the quinoa with the lettuce and rocket. Top with the avocado and peaches and scatter over the mint leaves. Serve while still warm.
Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lime, rapeseed oil, mint, basil, peaches, quinoa, fine beans, red onion, little gem lettuce, rocket and avocado.