- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 442
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 21g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 23g
Miso burgers with mint & pomegranate slaw Recipe
Miso burgers with mint & pomegranate slaw is a Healthy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has bulghar wheat, rapeseed oil and onion.
- Coriander - 30g pack coriander, stalks and leaves chopped but kept separate
- Red Chilli - 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Onion - 2 onions, chopped
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Egg - 2 large eggs
- Carrot - 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- Mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Lime - 1 lime, zested, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into 4 wedges
- Garlic Cloves - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cider Vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Pomegranate - 1 pomegranate seeds only
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Ground Coriander - 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Chickpeas - 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- White Cabbage - 1/2 small white cabbage, shredded
- Miso Paste - 2 tbsp white miso paste
- Bulghar Wheat - 75g bulghar wheat
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cook the bulghar in a small pan of water for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until starting to turn golden. Add the carrots and chilli, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins until the carrots soften. Add the cumin, ground coriander, coriander stalks and lime zest, and stir well.
- Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and crush with a masher or fork, then add the eggs and miso to form a chunky paste.
- Drain the bulghar well and stir into the spicy vegetables. Take off the heat, shape into eight burgers and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until firm and starting to turn golden.
- For the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a big bowl with the lime juice and coriander leaves. Serve with the burgers and lime wedges for squeezing over.