- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 324
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Moroccan chicken one-pot Recipe
Moroccan chicken one-pot is a Healthy winter recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chicken breast, olive oil and onion.
- Turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves
- Chicken Breast - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, 1 roughly chopped, 1 sliced
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Tomato - 100g tomatoes
- Couscous - couscous and natural yogurt
- Mint - handful mint leaves
- Feta Cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon - zest 1 lemon
- Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Ground Cumin - 1 tbsp each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- Butternut Squash - 1 large butternut squash, deseeded and cut into big chunks
- Chicken Stock - 600ml chicken stock
- Ginger - 100g ginger, roughly chopped
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cherry - 100g dried cherries
- Season 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a flameproof dish, then brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Whizz 1 chopped onion, 100g tomatoes, 100g chopped ginger and 3 garlic cloves into a rough paste.
- Fry 1 sliced onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in the dish until softened, then add 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tbsp cinnamon and fry for 1 min more until fragrant. Add the paste and fry for another few mins to soften.
- Return the chicken to the dish with 1 large butternut squash, cut into big chunks, 600ml chicken stock, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer, then cook for 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Lift the chicken out and stir in 100g dried cherries, then continue simmering the sauce to thicken while you shred the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Stir the chicken back into the sauce and season.
- Mix 1 finely chopped small red onion, the zest of 1 lemon, a handful of mint leaves and 100g crumbled feta cheese. Scatter over the dish, then serve with couscous and natural yogurt.