- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 302
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Mushroom & thyme risotto Recipe
Mushroom & thyme risotto is a Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, chestnut mushroom and quinoa.
- Parmesan - handful of grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable Stock - 1l hot vegetable stock
- Rocket - 50g bag rocket, to serve
- Quinoa - 100g quinoa
- Risotto Rice - 175g risotto rice
- Thyme Leaf - handful of thyme leaves
- Chestnut Mushroom - 350g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, saute the mushrooms for 2-3 mins, then stir in the quinoa. Keeping the vegetable stock warm in a separate pan on a low heat, add a ladle of the stock and stir until absorbed. Stir in the rice and repeat again with the stock, until all the stock has been used up and the rice and quinoa are tender and cooked.
- Stir in the thyme leaves, then divide between four plates or bowls. Serve topped with grated parmesan and rocket leaves.