- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Oat & cranberry bars Recipe
Family camping recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self raising flour, porridge oat, light muscovado sugar, dried cranberries, butter, golden syrup, egg, vanilla extract, flaked almond and icing sugar.
- Egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- Butter - 100g butter, melted
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self raising flour
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- Porridge Oat - 100g porridge oats
- Flaked Almond - 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Icing Sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 100g light muscovado sugar
- Dried Cranberries - 100g dried cranberries
- Golden Syrup - 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the base of a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar and cranberries. Make a well in the centre and add the butter, golden syrup, egg and vanilla extract. Stir well until evenly damp.
- Tip into the tin and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 20-25 mins until lightly golden. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then cut into 6 one way and 2 the other to make 12 bars. Dust with icing sugar.