- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 - 16 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Orange & passion fruit traybake Recipe
Orange & passion fruit traybake is a Traybake recipe for 12-16 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has margarine, caster sugar and egg.
- Egg - 3 eggs
- Orange - 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Caster Sugar - 150g caster sugar
- Self Raising Flour - 150g self-raising flour
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange Juice - 4 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Icing Sugar - 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- Passion Fruit - 2 passion fruit
- Margarine - 150g margarine or butter, plus extra for the tin
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 20 x 24cm cake tin with baking parchment. Cream the margarine or butter with the caster sugar using an electricwhiskuntil light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Sieve in the flour and fold it in. Add the orange zest and juice, fold that in as well, then pour into the prepared tin, smoothing over the top. Bake for 25 mins until golden. A skewer should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove the cake from the oven, leave for 5 mins, then remove from the tin, peel away the parchment and leave to cool on awire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by mixing the mascarpone, icing sugar, orange juice and vanilla until smooth. Cut open the passion fruit, scoop out the seeds, then add half to the mix, reserving the rest.
- Use a palette knife to spread the topping over the cooled cake, then drizzle over the remaining passion fruit seeds.