- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 289
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.24g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Picnic tortilla Recipe
Picnic tortilla is a Family picnic recipe for 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and new potato.
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Egg - 6 large eggs
- New Potato - 350g new potatoes, sliced
- Mature Cheddar - 85g mature cheddar, grated
- Back Bacon - 4 rashers rindless smoked back bacon, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan, add the onion and potatoes and fry for 8 minutes, turning the veg frequently until tender but not browned. Add the bacon and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl with plenty of salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese.
- Remove the potato mixture with a slotted spoon and stir into the eggs. Reserve most of the excess oil, leaving a little in the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and leave to cook undisturbed over a gentle heat for 8 minutes until firmly set underneath but not set on top.
- Invert the tortilla on to a plate and return the pan to the heat with a bit more of the reserved oil. Slide the tortilla back into the pan, uncooked side down, and cook for 5 minutes until set all through. Pack for a picnic or serve in wedges with salad and bread for an easy supper.