- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 2.41g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce Recipe
Stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce is a Healthy recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has soy sauce, dry sherry and sesame oil.
- Garlic Clove - 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Carrot - 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame Oil - 2 tsp sesame oil
- Hoisin Sauce - 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Root Ginger - 1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger (or fresh ginger paste in a jar)
- Noodle - Chinese noodles, to serve
- Mushroom - 140g mushrooms, sliced
- Dry Sherry - 1 tbsp dry sherry
- Sirloin Steak - 200g lean sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Mangetout - 100g mangetout, halved lengthways
- Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish. Add the steak and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes (or longer, if you have time).
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan or wok, add the sesame seeds and toast over a high heat, stirring, for a few minutes until golden. Tip on to a plate.
- When ready to cook, heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan or wok until hot. Add the steak with the marinade and stir fry for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until lightly browned. Remove, using a slotted spoon, on to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Toss the carrots in the pan and stir fry for a few minutes, then add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the steak to the pan, add the mushrooms and toss everything together. Add the hoisin sauce and stir fry for a final minute. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.