- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 575
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Fat Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Pot-roast loin of pork in cider with celeriac Recipe
Dairy-free recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has pork loin, olive oil, bacon lardon, banana shallot, celeriac, thyme sprig, garlic bulb, cider, frozen pea and mash.
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Frozen Pea - 140g frozen peas
- Thyme Sprig - 6 thyme sprigs
- Celeriac - 500-600g celeriac, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- Bacon Lardon - 100g smoked bacon lardons
- Banana Shallot - 300g banana shallots, halved horizontally
- Cider - 600ml dry cider
- Mash - mash, to serve
- Garlic Bulb - 1 garlic bulb, halved
- Pork Loin - 2 1/2 kg pork loin, bone in
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Season the pork and put in a large roasting tin.
- Heat a large frying pan, add the oil and fry the lardons, shallots, celeriac and thyme until golden brown. Arrange around the pork with the garlic bulb.
- Add the cider to the frying pan, bring to the boil, then pour around the pork. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hr. Remove the foil and cook, uncovered, for a further 45 mins.
- Finally, add the peas and cook for 3 mins more. Leave the pork to stand, covered, for 15 mins before carving. Serve with buttery mash (add the soft roasted garlic cloves if you like) to soak up the delicious juices.