- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Ratatouille & parmesan bake Recipe
Ratatouille & parmesan bake is a Gluten-free recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has aubergine, rapeseed oil and red onion.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Red Onion - 2 red onions, halved and sliced
- Pepper - 2 peppers (any colours), diced
- Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Egg - 1 large egg
- Courgette - 2 large courgettes, diced
- Rocket - 2 handfuls rocket, dressed with balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Basil - handful basil, stalks chopped, leaves torn and kept separate
- Aubergine - 1 large aubergine
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for brushing
- Vegetable Bouillon - 2 tsp gluten-free vegetable bouillon
- Thyme Sprig - 1 thyme sprig, plus a few extra leaves for the top
- Bio Yogurt - 150g pot bio yogurt
- Vegetarian Parmesan Style Cheese - 15-25g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, finely grated
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cut the aubergine lengthways into long thin slices - once you have six slices, chop the remainder. Brush the slices very lightly with oil, place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and cook for 15 mins, turning once, until softened and pliable. Turn oven down to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions until softened. Stir in the chopped aubergine, the peppers, courgettes and garlic, and cook, stirring, for a few mins more. Tip in the tomatoes and a half a can of water, then stir in the bouillon, thyme and basil stalks. Cover and simmer for 20 mins or until tender. You can add up to half a can of water if the mixture is getting too dry. Stir through the basil leaves.
- If you are following ourHealthy Diet Plan, set aside half of the ratatouille when it is ready - you'll need to chill this for ourratatouille pasta salad with rocketlater in the week. If you're not following the plan, you can serve the extra ratatouille on the side or set it aside to enjoy for another meal.
- Beat the eggs with the yogurt, cheese and 1 tbsp water. Spoon the remaining ratatouille into a shallow ovenproof dish, top with the aubergine slices, then cover with the yogurt mixture and scatter with thyme. Bake for 10-15 mins until the topping is set and starting to colour. Serve with dressed rocket on the side.